Sirius XM, Producer, Oct 2016 - PRESENT
- Discover, curate, and edit podcast content in Spoke, Sirius XM’s digital audio app. Write, record, edit, mix, and master introductory audio segments for each clip added to the app.
- Head curator for eight verticals. Own, curate, and publish weekly updates for Audio Drama, Folklore, Gaming, Literature, Serial Crime, True Crime, Poetry, and The Internet.
- Find and perform outreach to independent and institutional audio producers to sign up for participation in the app. Design and pitch collaborations and original content with producers.
Anchor, Content Curator, 2016
- Curated daily content in eight permanent topics featured in the Discover section of the app. Created and edited unique trending stations based on popular topics of the day.
- Monitored several social networks to find and promote quality posts, users, and hashtags.
Poncho, Full-Time Editor, December 2015 – March 2016
Morning and Evening Editor September 2015 – December 2015
- Wrote content for twice-daily app updates in adherence with an extensive style guide.
- Edited, wrote, discovered, and refreshed content for early morning, afternoon, and evening updates.
- Tracked real-time events like storms and severe weather throughout the entire United States by researching and applying government weather data and meteorological reporting.
- Pitched editorial content and provided updates on long-term initiatives in writer’s room meetings.
John Dewey High School, English & Creative Writing Teacher for 11th, 9th Grade, September 2014 – June 2015
- Independently created and implemented units for Shakespeare, short stories, poetry & drama, directly correlated with Common Core standards
- Managed classroom and daily routine for five classes
- Intentionally differentiated texts within units for classes with extremely varied literacy level
AUDIO PRODUCTION AND WRITING
JOIN THE PARTY, Host and Co-Producer
- Write, plan, and execute 3+ hours of original interactive story per week for this collaborative storytelling and roleplaying podcast.
“Punch Bowl” Host, Editor and Co-Producer.
- Lead production on this recurring interview segment of Join the Party. Research and book guests, conduct interviews, edit, and publish podcast episodes.
Gothamist, Editorial Intern, August 2015 – December 2015
- Reporting, interviewing, photographing, and writing of articles on assignments and self-pursued stories
- Aggregation and research of newsworthy stories through Twitter, local sources, and tips
- Copy-editing and fact-checking all articles published
FanBread, Freelance Writer, April 2016 - Present
- Pitching content for multiple brands, following guidelines laid out in a brand profile
- Writing, editing, formatting, and sourcing three articles a day
- Coordinating with the editorial staff based in all four United States time zones
Associated Press, General Election and Primary Polling, Through Fall 2015, Winter 2016
- Conducting interviews with stringers throughout states holding primaries
- Entering and confirming voting numbers in official database
NYU Local, Staff Writer, January 2010 – April 2015
- Writing at least two articles a week for renowned NYU/NYC blog
- Covering the beats of City News, Books, and general NYC recommendations.
- Participating in weekly staff meetings, pitching and fine-tuning article assignments for the week.
New York University, Masters of Arts, Steinhardt School
Program in English Education – GPA 4.00
New York University, Bachelor of Arts, College of Arts and Science
Major: English, Minor: Creative Writing -- GPA: 3.78
Initial New York State Certificate in Secondary English Education
Skills: Writing in both original and brand voices. Fluent with Wordpress, Blogger, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and various CMSes. Skilled in use of A/V equipment and audio production.
Audio Software: Experienced in Pro Tools, Adobe Audition, Final Cut, and GarageBand.